Friday, November 26, 2010

What Do I want from this collection?

So we have already established that I take Inspiration from the sixties. But the sixties is an era that encompasses so much! Also most of it has been completely done to death. Of course after saying this the first thing that came to my mind was flower power(shoot me) but after a rather enlightening talk with my faculty I decided to take a closer look.

The first thing that came to my mind from our earlier review meetings was one of my teachers telling me that the sixties were about YOUTH and VIBRANCY. I'm putting this in capitals because my earlier collection began to look like something from my grandmothers wardrobe(now, not when she was younger)
to put it mildly they began to look 'frumpy'

So what better way to start the brainstorm than to make a word cloud:
Wordle: the sixties
(wordle is acting funny so you can click on the word cloud to look at a larger image)

This only made me realise that i am living in a time where people are bored,unsatisfied, and are permanently attached to their computers. Our main source of excitement? celebrity sex scandals and which of our many facebook friends 'sexted' the other. Pathetic.


Collection,yes. So it occurred to me that since I was working on the floral aspect I would take it forward(after all this) and another point of interest. The beatniks. How could I use the poetry in my clothing?

No comments:

Post a Comment