Monday, October 4, 2010

Taking it further

After Showing it to my client she suggested the floral motifs would work better for the collection.


When I mentioned this to my panel they suggested i look at art nouveau and the paris underground movement. What Inspired me the most were the posters and the jewelry. Below are some that really inspired me.


What caught my eye in the two posters below is the way the artist emphasizes and stylizes the women's hair. The intricate smooth lines add so much movement to the picture. I began to wonder how this could add to the movement of the garment when painted on.




This poster caught my eye for the flowers in the background. The really intricate detailing could work when painted on to garments.


What I found interesting in the two images below were the fact that despite art nouveau being a very intricate style there is a lot of space left plain and quite simple. It accentuates the detail yet making the whole form seem soft and dreamy.




When I began looking at the jewelry it gave me a sense of how the style works on a 3D surface. 






No comments:

Post a Comment